2020 Mock Draft (Round 1) v6
David Reed https://twitter.com/Nfldraft_dwr
The draft is four days away! I will have my final mock around 5p on Thursday. I say this every year but this truly maybe the hardest draft to predict. So many unknown variables and rumors. Its hard to predict but going to be great TV to watch. Here is my second to final attempt at a first round mock. Let me know your thoughts and we will see how much this changes between now and my final mock!
If you missed any of Davids 2020 Deep Dives start here with wide receivers! https://www.dfscheatsheet.com/2020-deep-dive-rookie-wrs/nfl/04/
1. Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow – QB LSU
2. Washington Redskins: Chase Young – Edge Ohio State
3. Detroit Lions: Jeff Okudah – CB Ohio State
4. New York Giants: Jedrick Wills – OT Alabama
Gettleman has stated he wants to work the trenches early in the draft and has a connection with Saban. Wills can plug and play immediately. With how the world is being effected right now, that Saban-Gettleman connection screams Wills at fourth overall.
5. Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa – QB Alabama
6. Las Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert – QB Oregon
7. Carolina Panthers: Isaiah Simmons – LB/S Clemson
Rhule has said he likes speed and Simmons offers speed and versatility for this defense. I’d rather Carolina select Brown at DT but think Simmons could be the easy pick here.
8. Arizona Cardinals: Tristan Wirfs – OT Iowa
9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Brown – DT Auburn
10. Cleveland Browns: Mekhi Becton -OT Louisville
Even with a flagged drug test at the combine, Becton is still one of the top tackles and currently the Browns do not have a tackle on the left side. He is a raw and huge man that can start right away!
11. New York Jets: CeeDee Lamb – WR Oklahoma
12. Las Vegas Raiders: Jerry Jeudy -WR Alabama
13. San Francisco 49ers: Henry Ruggs – WR Alabama
The San Francisco 49ers can go a few ways here but they just saw first hand in the SB what speed can do to a defense. Why not grab their own version of Tyreek Hill? Ruggs offers them that chance. Shanahan will enjoy this new toy!
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Andrew Thomas – OT Georgia
15. Denver Broncos: CJ Henderson – CB Florida
16. Atlanta Falcons: Javon Kinlaw – DT South Carolina
17. Dallas Cowboys: K’Lavon Chaisson – EDGE LSU
18. Miami Dolphins – Xavier McKinney – S Alabama
19. Las Vegas Raiders: AJ Terrell – CB Clemson
Raiders need a CB to help but which one at this point? You can make a case for a few and may even have 1 or 2 ranked higher than Terrell. However, Mayock loves these Clemson players and Terrell offers good size and speed and can play in this defense.
20. Jacksonville Jaguars: Kristian Fulton – CB LSU
21. Philadelphia Eagles: Justin Jefferson – WR LSU
22. Minnesota Vikings: Jeff Gladney – CB TCU
23. New England Patriots: Jordan Love – QB Utah State
24. New Orleans Saints: Patrick Queen – LB LSU
25. Minnesota Vikings: Yetur Gross-Matos – Edge Penn State
26. Miami Dolphins: Josh Jones – OT Houston
27. Seatle Seahawks: AJ Epenesa – Edge Iowa
28. Baltimore Ravens: Kenneth Murray – LB Oklahoma
29. Tennessee Titans: Zach Baun – OLB Wiscons
Titans are in a unique spot here at 29. They could address RT after losing Conklin here. But signed Dennis Kelly to a 3 year Deal to be their RT. He’s not as good as Conklin but he is a serviceable solution for them to draft other needs at 29. Corner seems to be there biggest need but the ones they want are gone here. They now go to pass rusher. They signed Beasley to a 1 year deal but could look for their future. Baun is a perfect 3-4 OLB that can rush and cover and a perfect pick for them.
30. Green Bay Packers: Denzel Mims – WR Baylor
31. San Francisco 49ers: Jayson Johnson – CB Utah
32. Kansas City Chiefs: Cesar Ruiz – C/G Michigan
Thank you for reading! Any questions or comments?
Did I miss someone? Let’s talk about it!
Find David Reed on Twitter here! https://twitter.com/Nfldraft_dwr
Find me on Twitter right here! https://twitter.com/DetroitBeastie
Or on DFScheatsheets.com https://twitter.com/dfscheatsheet1